For Today. For Tomorrow.
For all of us.
A seminary is not so much a physical place, as it is a spiritual mission where the work of education and formation meet.
– Archbishop Chaput
Partner dioceses and orders
- The Archdiocese of Colombo (Sri Lanka)
- The Archdiocese of Hartford
- The Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- The Diocese of Allentown
- The Congregation of the Mission (Vincentians)
- The Diocese of Arlington
- The Diocese of Harrisburg
- The Diocese of Lincoln
- The Diocese of Mymensingh (Bangladesh)
- The Diocese of Raleigh
- Sodalitium Christianae Vitae
- The Diocese of Trenton
- The Oblates of Saint Joseph
- The Order of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mercy
- Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter
The mission of the seminary is to form servant leaders after the heart of Jesus Christ.
Did You Know...?
- Tuition, room and board for a seminarian working towards his B.A. in Philosophy is $33,970 per year; and tuition, room and board for a seminarian working towards his Master of Divinity and Master of Arts degrees is $35,975 per year.
- Costs for health insurance, books and additional expenses can reach $8,500 per year.
- The Seminary has produced many excellent theologians and Church leaders, including over 50 SCBS alumni who have gone on to become bishops.
- St. Charles has partnered with the Haub School of Business at St. Joseph’s University in creating a Servant Leadership Program specifically targeted at future priests.